Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Mother's Day

I could not have asked for a better first Mother's Day with my two favorite guys in the world. We went to church, had some lunch and went to the Botanical Garden all before 2pm yesterday. We enjoyed a nice afternoon at home and topped it all off with a little fish fry for the 3 of us. Bo and Buddy both got me the sweetest cards and a little bit of the green stuff to buy myself something. We missed our mother's and grandmother's and hope that we will get to spend mother's day with them next year. The weekend was so nice with the sunshine and no wet stuff falling from the sky. It was kind of a strange feeling that Mother's Day pertained to me this year, I didn't really know what to think about it at first. I feel very lucky to be a part of 5 generations of mothers in my family right now. I know that my Mother (my great-grandmother) would be very proud to say she helped all of us be the moms we are today. I know if it were not for my mom, granny and my mother-in-law that I would not have made it this far in 4 months. I have always had a deep respect for moms and especially the ones in our familes but I understand it better now that I am in their shoes. It is scary, tough, and most of all rewarding all at the same time. I never knew that being a mom mean so much to me. Bo is a blessing to me and Buddy and I don't know what we ever did without him. I thank God everyday that he blessed us with such a sweet, precious and healthy baby boy.
Mr. Serious
him and dad are talking about it

Just a swinging

Love these two guys

Ready for church

We tried to get a group picture

Bo's favorite girl

Getting in the cool air

Happy Mother's Day to Me

Hey! 

Monday mornings don't bother Mr. Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment